As a technology lawyer who has a background in technology, Ben is able to provide legal advice that is highly relevant to companies who have legal matters involving technology.
After working in top-tier and boutique law firms and in a government-owned corporation, Ben has also gained the necessary skills to work on large scale matters in a large team environment, while the experience that he has gained in smaller law firms, has seen him develop the ability to work more autonomously on matters from start to finish.
- Taking carriage of a District Court litigation where our client alleges that a Perth-based software development company breached our (QLD) client’s software development contract.
- Advising on group structure of Melbourne-based digital training group and drafting shareholders agreements, IP deeds of assignments, various resolutions.
- Advising on an international transaction, involving an eCommerce company that sells safety face masks online.
- Drafting terms and conditions for a new content management software system designed for the security sector.
- Providing advice to a multi-million dollar online tech company on notifiable data breaches (and ‘serious harm’) under the Privacy Act, following a breach of personal information in their systems.
- Preparing applications and affidavits in support for winding-up a tech company (on just and equitable grounds) under 461(1)(k) of the Corporations Act.
- Preparing applications and affidavits in support site blocking orders under section 115A the Copyright Act.
- Advising on a mining software company’s international license (partnership) agreement; and
- Shareholder agreement advice and negotiation of a joint venture agreement for a developer.
- Drafting terms and conditions for an educational training institution and their commercial terms agreement.